Thursday, January 26, 2017

Honey Roasted Peanuts - Planter's Style

Peanuts can go with anything, dishes, cold beer and just on its own.

Honey roasted peanuts used to be a special treat that could only be bought from the special import store. But with Youtube, we could learn how to make anything !



Here is one recipe I learn from Youtube. It looks very legit and do-able and seems too easy to be true. So, I set out to try it the very next day even though I was not 100% sure of the success of this recipe.

Here are the ingredients for 2 Cups of peanuts :-

1) 1 Oz Butter (melted)
2) 2 Tablespoons of Honey
3) 1/2 tsp Salt
4) 1/2 tsp Chillie Powder
5) 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
6) 1/3 Cup of Sugar

Method :-

1) Melt the butter with Honey
2) Put in salt, Chilli Powder, Garlic Powder
3) Mix well pour to Overn to roast 7-8 minutes at 160 C.
4) Take out and tour them around, roast another 5 minutes.
5) Take out and toast them to a bowl, pour sugar in by batches until well mixed.
6) Leave them to dry up for 10 minutes before eat or packing.

Since 1 Kg Peanuts is like 6.5 Cups of Peanuts, the total ingredients be :-

6 Oz Butter (melted)
12 Tablespoons of Honey
3 tsp Salt
3 tsp Chillie Powder
3 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Cup of Sugar

Comment on 25 Jan 2017, my first batch of making this, luckily I decided to try 1 Kg instead of 3 Kg as it was late at night, and I was not sure we have enough honey to cover. I measured honey and butter and mix them, I licked the spoon just to gauge the sweetness of it and then it tasted sour, I thought the honey has gone bad then I read the label "Honey with Lime" ! Oh dear, too late, I decided to be adventurous and make a sweet and sour peanuts ! Sigh ! Life sometimes is like this, we take whatever it comes and turn it for good. I am thinking may need more sugar to cover the sourness later. It be a new flavour then.

Normally, if I am tired, I will make blunders like mistaken 3 tsp as 3 TBSP, but this was really impossible to avoid, who would have thought, Honey with Lime packed exactly like honey container. I really hope they are edible despite such adventure.

Comments :-
The sourness was hidden by the sweetness, I left it too long in the oven and they turned out a bit darker colour, almost burnt. It was very oily using butter. I dont recall using so much butter or oil for roasting peanuts. Usually roasting is dry and no oil or butter added. I will need to reduce the oil in the next trial.

This year, I plan to make 3 Kg of Honey Roasted Peanuts (large white peanuts).





No comments:

Featured Post

Amazing Facts about who are the sons of Noah

I love this video clips. It makes a lot of sense to me.