Friday, March 17, 2017

Jackfruit Butter Cake (Buah Nanga)





When we were given a Jackfruit, my maid told me there are two types of Jackfruits and in Indonesia, they called them as:

Nanga Susu - soft and a lot of liquid
Nanga Belanda - crunchy and hard, less liquid

Nanga Belanda is easier to handle in baking, the dicing of the flesh is easier.

When you bake this cake, the aroma in the house is absolutely wonderful. The smell is even has a sweet taste to it and it has this buttery frangrance in it. As a butter cake, its very flavourful and you can reduce the sugar due to the sweetnes in the fruit.


Ingredient A
5 Eggs White medium size
150 gm Sugar

Ingredient B
5 Egg Yolks medium size
220 gm Butter

220 gm Plain Flour Sieved
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
30 gm Fresh Milk
80-100 gm Jackfruit diced

Method

1. Blend Egg white and sugar till soft peak.
2. Blend Butter, Egg Yolks till even. Add in Ingredient A, add Flour, milk. Lastly add diced Jackfruits.

Bake 180 C 45 minutes

Note :- 2 Portions can make 3 loaves tins.

Other versions of Recipes :-

  1. http://www.smithaskitchen.com/jackfruit-cake/
  2. http://www.goaholidayhomes.com/recipes/recipe-353-jackfruit-cake.html
  3. http://artfulfood.blogspot.my/2011/07/jackfruit-chiffon-cake.html



1 comment:

Doria Tai said...

I find this butter recipe very fluffy and buttery, not too sweet and eggs I reduce to 4 as I bought AA (big size eggs). The Jackfruit stick to 80-100 gm, on Sunday for GB cake, I used 150 gm, it was too much fruit and make the cake sticky and a bit like steam cake.

Featured Post

Amazing Facts about who are the sons of Noah

I love this video clips. It makes a lot of sense to me.