Friday, November 26, 2010

A Selah Moment

On 23 November 2010 at 2:30p.m. I was informed that my cousin Andrew Ho Nyuk Loong has passed away in hospital, he was 54, leaving wife and 3 young adults children. My late cousin Andrew has been battling with kidney failure, dialysis for years, kidney transplant, rejection of new kidney, recovery, kidney failure after a short few years and was back to dialysis. I think when I stopped and paused to think about it, life is so fragile and tender, that is true ! Life is also full of missed-opportunities !

Thursday evening was the memorial service and Rev Voo invited the relatives and friends to share on their thoughts of Brother Loong as he was fondly called. The series of speakers who shared on his life, that he was a funny person, full of jokes and laughters, a man with mission in his heart. I sat and listened and learnt :-
  • Brother Loong is man a passion for Christ and mission. He has a heart for interior mission, helping kampungs in terms of finance, medicine and clothing.
  • He is a kind and generous who gave and gave even when he was not rich.
  • Last week Cell group was at his house and he shared about involving in Kampung Mission and he recently visited a church member to pray for her even himself needed to be helped by his wife to walk.
  • My Auntie Oi shared that he cleared the backyard and got rid of all the junks in the last week of his life. He made it so clean now.
  • In October (just a month ago), he shared on video as invited by the church, about his journey of faith. He spoke with poise and confidence that his God will deliver and heal him.
  • In the last 7 months of his life, he was in and out of hospital for 4 times and the 3rd time was most severe as he spent 26 days there. Through all that, he praised God for being there for him.
  • I have missed knowing such a caring and visionary cousin!
Then, time stopped for a while, just long enough for me to pause and think about this life which I often do not treasure. It was a selah moment for me !

May my cousin, Andrew Ho (Brother Loong) rest in peace and his soul be with God and may his family remains in the faith of God !

No comments:

Featured Post

Amazing Facts about who are the sons of Noah

I love this video clips. It makes a lot of sense to me.